NZGrapher is an online graphing tool specifically designed for supporting the teaching of the statistics in New Zealand. The idea behind NZGrapher was to create a web based statistical package that can run on any device, without an install.
This Site contains supporting material for NZGrapher as well as links to the NZQA and TKI websites to help find the info for NCEA easily. Looking for info on the New Standards? Go to ncea.education.govt.nz.
To see the old materials that used to be on MathsNZ go to https://old.mathsnz.com and https://students.mathsnz.com. The resources there are no longer being maintained, but are provided as is, where is, if anyone still does want to use them.
- NZGrapher Support
- NCEA Info
I have also been working with the local primary teachers in the Kāpiti region to help unpack the new curriculum. We have so far run the first two sessions, and the feedback from the local primaries has been great. I've put all the resources I've used here.
If you would like to use them yourself, please feel free to do so, or if you'd like me to come visit you and help run some sessions, please get in touch.
If you see any errors on this site please let me know.
Things I get asked frequently:
- Do you have info on the datasets on NZGrapher?
- How does NZGrapher produce its time series graphs?
- Why does residuals plots have 'fitted' on the x axis?
- What effect does sample size have on bootstrapping?
- What happens when I can't paste? (Clipboard Access)
Other Random Things
- Margin of Error Simulator
- STL and Holt Winters Time Series by Spreadsheet (NZAMT 17 Presentation)